July 31, 2017

Lexington and Concord 1775 on Obscure Battles

If you have yet to read any of the entries on Jeff Berry's EXCELLENT Obscure Battles blog, then I highly recommend you start with his latest entry:  Lexington and Concord 1775

The Fight on Lexington Common, April 19, 1775 - Howard Pyle 1898

As a supplement to Jeff's excellent text and simply outstanding maps I also recommend you listen to the five part series that Marc Edelheit did on the subject for his 2 Cent History podcast series.  Like Dan Carlin's Hardcore History, 2 Cent History is an extremely well researched podcast, and his Shot Heard Round the World series is simply one of the best history podcast's I have listened to.  I think I must have listened to it four or five times and it is a permanent resident on my iPhone.

So give all these folks some love, read Jeff's blog, and listen to Marc's and Dan's podcasts.  You will not regret it.

Bil

2 comments:

  1. That's mighty nice of you to recommend my blog, Bil. High praise, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. That is a very valid point you bring up. Thank you for sharing this very informative and well explained post with us.

    ....................................
    Bloody battle shiloh

    ReplyDelete